3.05.2008

domesticated

with home ec classes in middle school, i discovered that i possessed the ability to produce semi-edible things. everyone has to start somewhere. i started with semi-edible things.
when people caught wind of this semi-talent, the general feedback was, 'you cook? wow, that's impressive. you don't look the sort.' i guess i really should don my pretty, lacy aprons more often...
in college: 'you clean?' yes. i clean like my mother. ask kenneth. singaporean mothers have the same cleaning techniques and use the same cleaning chemicals. and we learned them all via osmosis.
most recently, i like making things. and i'm excited about my newfound domestic skill: sewing. additionally, i've been practicing my xacto knife skills and also my book-making skills. pictures to showcase my new skills...


the book





i felt like a sewing genius with this lunchbag. also ask snüz about her lunchbag!

1 comment:

KungfuPanda said...

who knew home econs was going to come in so handy? Do you have a headscarf? I have photos of us in Home Ec wearing RGS branded aprons and headscarves. Completely ridiculous!!! (I'm expecting my own personalized lunch bag btw...) can't wait to see you guys in NYC!